An ISP License is the permission to setup and operate an Internet Service Centre in India. The Department of Telecommunication gives this permission to companies that have the technical capabilities as well as the financial strength to provide high speed internet services to multiple subscribers.
In this article, we discuss the benefits of getting this license, the eligibility to obtain it, and the procedure you need to follow.
What are the benefits of Starting an ISP In India?
Internet’s ubiquity – it’s popularity- cannot be understate. Those days are gone when you need to sit inside a cyber cafe to have access to your internet. An Internet Service Provider can leverage this factor to enjoy the following benefits:
- The requirement of internet is always there: Unlike vegetables, internet is not seasonable. People always require it for one reason or another. As an internet service provider, such a non-seasonal factor gives you access to customers all the time.
- Telecommunication equipment have become cheaper: India is living in an age of internet renaissance. Because the government has made it an agenda to make internet accessible to subscribers, it has indirectly caused the reduction in prices of telecommunication equipment. An Internet service provider can setup his infrastructure at half the cost to provide internet services. Read More: Payment Gateway License
What is the eligibility to start an ISP license in India?
To start an Internet Service Provider in India, you need to adhere to one eligibility criteria:
You need to incorporate your business as a company before you can start providing your services.
Department of Telecommunication refuses to issue to license on an individual. It’s only interested in entities that can provide the services it issues the licenses for. Thus, it’s only interested in organization applicants. They can provide the right legal infrastructure to provide the services. Therefore, your first task is to incorporate a company under the Companies Act, 2013.
How to get Internet Service Provider License?
To obtain an Internet Service Provider License, you need to refer to the steps below:
- Become eligible to apply for the said license by incorporating a company.
- Gather the required documents for company incorporation
- File the online application for a unified ISP License.
- The DOT will assess the application. If it’s satisfied, you’ll get notified with a Letter of Intent
- Pay the requisite entry fee, fixed bank guarantee and performance bank guarantee depending upon the category of your ISP license.
- Sign the ISP License agreement. You will obtain the ISP license registration number.
What are the documents require for ISP License?
For the ISP License, you need to submit the following document alongside the application form:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- List of directors of the company
- List of shareholders of the company.
- Net worth certificate of the company
- Audited balance sheet of the company
- Description of the business of the company.
Obtaining an ISP license requires knowledge of the procedure, the eligibility requirements and the documents. Through this article, you’ve give access to all three. If you have any further doubts that you want to clear up, consult with our experts. Read More: Insurance Broker License
Here are the ISP license requirements you need to keep in mind at the time of applying for the permission to start your TSP. Consult with Registrationwala to know more.