Enjoying vast popularity in the world, Canon printers have acquired up to 17 percent of the market share in the year 2020-2021. What do you think makes it such a popular printer brand? The features! Canon printers are versatile printers available to perform functions, including printing, scanning, copying, and more. Moreover, Canon is counted among the reliable printer brands available around the world.
However, despite the reliability, Canon printers may sometimes get weariness in their components and parts featured in them. Its machinery gets impacted due to various factors and results in the issues in its printing in the various forms.
One such issue includes the Canon Printer Not Printing Black Issue in which your printer is reluctant to print black ink onto your printed documents.
Read Also : Printer Printing Blank Pages
Reasons for Canon Printer Not Printing Black Issue
Some of the primary causes of Canon printer not printing black error include the following:
- Sometimes when you have not been using your printer for several days, that’s when your ink cartridge may end up drying, or specifically black ink.
- Also, some of the times the cartridge has liquid ink while your printer attempts to execute the printing with the dried-up print head, with no output on the paper.
- Also, your ink cartridge may turn out to be the culprit causing this type of error.
- Using an outdated version of the Canon printer may also be one reason for the Canon printer not printing black issue
Canon Printer Not Printing Black resolving techniques
This issue can be gotten rid of using the following techniques:
Clean your printer
You may possibly get away without having to try any tricky technical solution to deal with the Canon printer not printing black error. All you need to do is open your printer and clean in detail each of its parts, internally as well as externally. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open your printer.
- Ensure loading your paper tray with at least 5 or more A4 size papers.
- Pull out the output tray along with its extension.
- Go to the Setup option to start cleaning your printer.
- In the setup screen, click on the tools icon.
- Scroll through the Toolbox to locate Maintenance Menu, and then press OK.
- The Maintenance Menu opens up. Here, select Deep Cleaning and then press OK.
- Select Yes to confirm the cleaning and continue by pressing OK.
- This will get the printer to start cleaning. Once the process gets completed, restart your printer to check if the issue has gone.
Use original cartridges
If you are currently using a duplicate ink cartridge in your printer, you may come across the Canon printer not printing black error. It’s because Canon does not guarantee the use of ink cartridge replica to be productive enough to serve your purpose. Therefore, if there is a duplicate cartridge in your printer, replace it with the original one, immediately.
Replace the problematic cartridges
This process includes three ways-
Find the replaceable cartridge
- Check out the color blacks on the test print results. If you see anything problematic, your black ink cartridge is in problem.
Read Also : My Printer Is Printing Blank Pages
Replace the cartridge with issues
- Put some papers on the paper loader tray.
- Turn your printer on.
- Now check the ink cartridge door.
- Remove the cartridge carefully.
- Now remove the seal from the new cartridge
- Insert the new cartridge into the ink nozzles.
- Adjust the cartridge in its slot until you hear a click sound.
- Once installed, close the cartridge door.
- Turn your printer on ensuring there are papers in the tray.
- Click the Next button to open Set Up.
- Open the tools using the right arrow, and click OK to continue. The printer alignment page opens up.
- Close the lid and then press the OK button to successfully align your printer.
- Wait until your printer scans the alignment sheet to complete the process.
Update your printer driver
Most of your printer problems may arise due to an outdated or corrupted printer driver on your system. Therefore, you need to check whether the driver you are currently using is updated or not. If it is outdated, update your driver immediately. For this, you can visit Canon’s website and find and download the suitable driver for your Canon printer model.
Connecting a Canon printer to the network via Wireless LAN isn’t a big task, but when your PC doesn’t recognize your printer while connecting to the Wireless LAN. Printers from the CanonTS9100 series are All-In-One home printers compatible with Wireless LAN, Wired LAN and USB connection.
If you’ve tried a Wireless LAN connection with your Canon printer and your printer isn’t showing on the PC device list or can’t find the printer, then check a few points to resolve the problem.
Read Also : Printer Driver Is Unavailable
Is the printer turned on?
Check whether your printer is turned on if not, power on the Canon printer and press the ON button.
Check Network status
You’ve to check wireless LAN. In the Canon printer display, if you single cross in WiFi icon , it says that wireless LAN is disabled. To enable the Wireless LAN, follow the below steps;
How to enable the Wireless LAN setup in Canon TS9100?
- Turn on the Canon TS9100 printer.
- Tap on the home icon.
- Tap OK if any error appears.
- Now, tap on the WiFi single-crossed icon on the left side.
- Tap LAN settings > Wireless LAN.
- Select Wireless LAN setup and ensure the LAN connection is Active.
- Now, you’ve to set up the network connection. Hence, select the Easy wireless method or WPS method (WPS button or PIN code).
- Follow instructions to complete the network setup.
Complete the Printer Setup
The WiFi Red Cross icon indicates no connection between the router network and the Canon printer. First, complete the printer setup;
- Insert the Canon setup cd and run the installer.
- Or visit canon.com/ijsetup site.
- Here, click set up and download the latest TS9100’s Canon model software.
- Double-click on downloaded setup and follow instructions to run the file.
- Select Wireless LAN in the connection method and ensure your network status is active.
Diagnose and repair the network status
If setting up a printer doesn’t resolve the wireless LAN issue on the computer, then you can take help through Diagnose and repair that’s WiFi Connection Assistant or IJ Network Device Setup Utility. The WiFi Connection Assistant also searches printers on the network with a basic network setup.
How to repair Wireless LAN using WiFi Connection Assistant?
- Download the WiFi Connection Assistant tool from the Canon support site.
- Press the Windows button and open all apps. Then, click on Canon Utilities and open WiFi Connection Assistant.
- Then click Diagnose & Repair in shown option.
- Computer network settings diagnosing will appear.
- When Select Printer to Be Repaired displays, click on TS9100 serial number. Move YES and next also press the connect button for 3 seconds.
- Right now, the wireless router is disconnected. Hence wait a while to connect to the printer, and the PC will automatically attempt the communication.
- The WiFi Connection Assistant confirms the communication functionality, then click exit.
Read Also : Printer Driver Not Available
Check printer and wireless router network settings
The Canon printer TS9100 network setting, including router name, network key, and SSID, should be the same as the wireless router. Read the wireless router manual and check or change the settings. Print the current network settings;
- Ensure you have already loaded paper in the output paper tray.
- Tap on Network status (WiFi icon) located in the left bottom corner.
- Tap Yes and select Print details > Yes.
- Now, you can check the details to confirm network settings.
Poor Signal Strength?
The network setting you print above shows you signal strength details. If the strength is poor, take the router close to the printer.
Enable Bidirectional Support
Bidirectional support for a Canon printer print line from left-to-right and share information in real-time connecting to printer and network. Open the Printers and Scanners and open your Canon printer properties with right-click tap to enable the bidirectional support. Open Ports > tick on Enable bidirectional support > OK.
Turn off the Security Software Firewall
The turn-on firewall of security software sends warning messages for Canon printer software. You’ve set the software on always allow access. Some programs use a firewall by default; hence turn it off manually by opening Firewall options.
If your system can’t find the Canon TS9100 printer to Wireless LAN connection, try reconnecting your printer to the network or read manuals.