A well-built, impressive looking Website is an essential part of any business. The Website ensures your online presence. Moreover, your company can sell its merchandise through the Website. Therefore, the website design and layout should be easy to access, user friendly, and appealing.
Many web designs are there to choose from. But you have to select the one suited for your company or organisation. It should be functional yet beautiful to look at.
What Is Web Design And Layout?
Web Design: – Web Design is the process of making a website and controlling its functions. While the WordPress web development part of it focuses on the functional aspect of a website, the design part is primarily focused on the user interface. How we see a website completely depends on the web design and layout.
Web Layout: – Most people visit a website mainly for its content. The Website tells the viewer about the business, its services, products, and many other things.
Therefore, web content is very important. The web designers put it in a unique and attractive manner. The way the content is displayed on a website is called a layout. A designer decides what kind of layout will be used in a website.
What Are The Different Types Of Web Designs?
There are various web designs. Each one of them is different in appearance and functions from the others. Here is a detailed review of the websites and their functions. You can decide which website design suits your business or organisation.
6 Types of Commonly Used Web Designs:-
- Static Website: – This type of Website is built using basic HTML and CSS codes. On a static website user interface is very simple. No or very little user interaction takes place on this type of Website.
- The static web design is usually identical on all platforms
- This web design has a set number of web pages
- Static website design is less costly
- Because its simple interface does not allow much user interaction, static websites are ideal for sharing data, information, news, etc.
- Static websites cannot be used as an e-commerce sites to display products and sell them
- Single Page: – This type of web design is meant for displaying all the content on a single page. A single page can serve as a long scroll. The designer can put content one after one on a single page.
- Single page design is unique
- This Website allows user interaction
- Single page websites can serve as e-commerce websites
- Responsive Design: – Completely opposite from a static Website, a responsive Website can change its layout and display in accordance with the browser used. WordPress web development is best for designing a responsive website.
- Rearrange the graphics and page layout
- Useful Website for many purposes
- Dynamic Website is comparatively costlier than static and single page websites
- The visual aspect of this kind of website is very attractive
- Dynamic design is create with more versatile and complex programming codes
- Fixed Design:- Unlike responsive website design, a fixed design website does not change its display according to the size of the browser
- Page layout maintains a strict resolution in a fixed website. That is why the Website cannot be access through various browsers
- Liquid Design: – Liquid design is quite similar to responsive websites. It opens on various browsers
- It shrinks the entire webpage to fit the browser size
- Page layout does not change for different browsers in liquid websitesDifferent Types of Website Layouts:-
Ten different website layouts are discussed below-
- Single Column- The main content is on a long vertical column. This is the simplest form of layout. Despite its simple structure, it is a very popular website layout use now.
- Split Screen– Split screen layout displays the main page in two equal sections. Two content of equal importance gets display here.
- Asymmetrical Layout– In an asymmetric page layout, different sizes and types of content are arrange in an artistic way to keep the viewers visually engage. You can add lots of colour and graphical designs to attract users’ attention also.
- Grid of Cards– The cards acts as tabs on this layout. The different card stores different information. The user clicks on a card to get access to the details of the subject.
- Magazine– This is a complex website layout. It uses a modular grid system for flexibility. A Magazine layout can display a heavy load of data and information also. The grid comprises columns for the user’s convenience.
- Boxes- This layout has two to five boxes inside the main web page. Each box leads the reader to another page.
- F Shaped Layout- This layout uses visual cues to lead the viewers. Our eyes start reading from the top right, and then proceed horizontally to read the next part of the content. The content is display in the shape E or F.
- Z Shaped Layout– This layout is most natural for readers as it mimics our usual reading habit. Where content is less elaborate Z shaped layout works fine on a website also.
- Fixed Sidebar– Navigation in a website keeps the site moving by leading users wherever they want to go. The quick navigation gives a satisfactory user experience as well. Along with topside navigation, you can place a fixed navigation sidebar to make the user experience smoother. In a fixed sidebar layout, the side panel remains stationary.
- Featured Image– Images are great for connecting the user with the content. Vibrant, colourful images are great options for designing a website. This layout is suitable for websites displaying products or merchandise also.
While selecting a website design, you need to keep in mind the kind of content you feature on your website. Depending on the content type and size, you should pick one of the above designs and layouts. Whatever design you choose for your website, it should highlight your content also. Simple or complex your page layout, your website should visually please the viewers also.