In this modern world, communication through technology is the most important thing. Contacts are becoming very crucial data for the users that they do not want to lose at any cost. Therefore, in a situation when a user wants to import Outlook contacts to Thunderbird application it becomes a tough task for some of the users.
But, before straight going to the topic users should know about the basics of Thunderbird application and MS Outlook.
Let us know about Thunderbird and Outlook Application
Thunderbird is a desktop based email application that can be accessed on Windows, Mac, Linux OS. This application stores all its data in .mbox file format which can be read in other email applications.
On the other hand, MS Outlook is a paid service, it has multiple functionalities. MS Outlook is a most common and widely used email client which is basically used for sending and receiving emails for personal and business usage.
Thunderbird offers multiple functionalities and is free of cost that is why many start-ups and individual users preferred this email client because of its easy to use interface.
Different Solution to Import Contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird
There are different solutions to Import Outlook contacts to Thunderbird application.
This can be done by using a manual method or an automated and reliable PST Export Tool. Here, in this write up you will get the answer to your request.
In the upcoming section we have discussed step by step procedure of both the approaches. It is totally up to the users which solution they want to use to solve the query.
Import Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird Manually
Save Outlook contacts to CSV file format
- Start the Outlook application and go to the File tab.
- Click on Open & Export and then select the Import and Export option.
- Select the Export to a File option.
- Select the CSV (Comma separated value) option and hit the next.
- After that, browse the location into which the exported files will be saved
- For this you have to click on the Browse button and mention the path
- Once the path is selected, then tap on th OK icon
- When the export process is successfully done, click Next
- At the end, click on the Finish button.
Import Contacts to Thunderbird Application
By following the above mentioned steps you can export the contacts from the Outlook application. Now to import them to Thunderbird you need to follow the given below steps
- To start with, Open Thunderbird, click on the Tools Menu
- From the drop down menu, choose Import
- Under the import window, click on the Address book
- Then, click on the Next button
- Following this click on Text Files (LDIF, .tab,.csv,.txt)
- Once it is done click Next
- Here, Browse the location where exported files were saved
- Double click the CSV file and tick the checkbox corresponding to the first record contains field names
- Finally click on the Ok button>> Finish to complete the process.
In this way, users can import Outlook contacts to Thunderbird application
If MS Outlook is not installed in your PC for any reason but the user has a .pst file which contains important contacts and information. Here the problem comes, but with the converter you can easily resolve your issue without any headache.
As we can see, that manual solution consists of many steps. Thus, to prevent yourself from these confusing steps use the software.
Professional Solution to Import PST Contacts to Thunderbird
To make the import process simple and easy then we will suggest you to go for an automated approach. As there is no manual solution to transfer contacts from PST to Thunderbird without using Outlook. The tool offers support to transfer all contacts saved in PST file to VCF or CSV file format.
Steps to Import Contacts From Outlook to Thunderbird are as follow:
1.Download the software and add the PST file.
2.Preview all the items and choose the required folders.
3.From the Export option, select vCard or CSV file format.
4.Hit Browse and select the folder to save the resultant file.
5.Tap the Export button to begin the process.
Important Features of the Professional Tool :
- Compatibility: It supports both ANSI and UNICODE PST. It also supports PST files from almost all Outlook versions.
- No Limitation: There is no limit regarding Outlook PST file size; you can convert a large Outlook data file with no data loss.
- Bulk Conversion: The software allows users to batch transfer Outlook PST contacts without losing any information.
- Convert Whole Information: It exports all the contacts information such as name, address, image, phone number, etc.
- Windows Supportive: It supports all versions of Windows as well as Mac Operating System.
- Fix damaged file :The software recovers a permanently deleted file and also fixes the fully damaged file.
- Scan the Outlook PST file :This application can convert highly corrupt PST files.
After reading the complete article, I hope we are able to give a reliable solution to your query on how to import Outlook contacts to Thunderbird. We have given you a manual solution to do so. The manual approach has been divided into two parts, first export contacts in CSV and then import in Thunderbird.
Here, we also discussed the automated solution to import Outlook PST contacts to Thunderbird without Outlook. It is very easy and simple even a non technical person can do their job.