Bahya Pranayama is called External Retention in English. Bahya Kumbhaka is beneficial pranayama. When a person performs Kapalbhati, then the power of his Muladhara Chakra is awakened, and it is done to make the awakening of that invaluable energy (Urdha + ascent).
There are three main activities in yoga or pranayama – Puraka, laxative, and Kumbhaka. The process of inhaling the breath is called “Purak” and exhaling the breath is called laxative.
The process of stopping the breath inside the body is called “inner Kumbhaka” and the process of stopping the breath outside is called “Bahya Kumbhaka”. In external pranayama, external Kumbhaka is applied.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh.
How to do Bahya Pranayama:
- Before practicing it, the stomach should be cleaned and this pranayama should be done in the morning without eating or drinking anything.
- First of all, choose a place with a clean environment and lay the seat. And then sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana. If you have done any other pranayama before Bahya Pranayama, then first of all make the breath normal.
- Now keeping your body straight, exhale completely from the body. Now only by holding the breath out…. There will be three types of Bandhas in this……Jalandhara Bandha (Chin Lock), Udiyana Bandha (Abdominal Lock), and Root Lock.
- After applying all three types of bandhas, hold your breath outside as much as possible. (hold the breath outside for as long as you can hold it)
- When there is a desire to inhale, inhale slowly while releasing all three bandhas.
- Now the same process has to be repeated again: A- Breathe in and take it out again without stopping it through the same breathing process. B- All three bands have to be applied in turn. C-According to the power, after holding the breath out, the breath is to be inhaled.
Benefits or benefits of Bahya Pranayama –
- By doing Bahya Pranayama daily, all the diseases related to the urethra are eliminated.
- This pranayama is very beneficial for the patient with hernias. (Be sure to consult a doctor once before starting Bahya Pranayama practice).
- The digestive system is strengthened by Bahya Pranayama. The problem of constipation and gas goes away.
- Diabetic patients get amazing benefits from it.
- External pranayama is helpful in increasing concentration power.
- The problems related to the internal organs of the stomach are eliminated from the root by Bahya Pranayama.
Precautions before doing Bahya Pranayama –
- Heart patients should not practice it.
- Patients with high blood pressure should also not practice it.
- Pregnant women should not practice it.
- Women should not do it during the period time.
- Before practicing Bahya Pranayama, make sure that you can hold your breath for at least 10 to 12 seconds or not. Since after holding the breath, it takes 10 to 12 seconds to do all three bandhas. Holding the breath out of the body for more than the stamina is harmful, so apply force in stopping the breath according to the limits of your body power.
- Without knowing the complete process of Pranayama, any Pranayama can be fatal.