Want to use the Microsoft Outlook inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to fix an Outlook PST file? When you try to do this, however, scanpst fails to repair pst files and displays error messages?
Looking for a quick way to fix a corrupted pst file when scanpst isn’t working?
In that case, you should read the entire article. Because it goes into great detail about why your Inbox Repair Tool doesn’t work and What Happens When Scanpst Doesn’t Work, it’s a must-read.
When scanpst fails, you’ll also learn about the best alternative option to using Skillful Outlook PST repair software for repairing pst files.
Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.Exe) to Fix an Outlook PST File.
When there is a problem with Outlook’s data file (“.PST” and “.OST”), it begins to have problems. We all know how difficult this situation can be for any user. The issue usually arises when you can’t access any of your Outlook data due to damage to the Outlook data files.
Outlook has a built-in repair tool to help with such issues (Scanpst.exe). This tool can diagnose and fix minor Outlook file issues and errors.
Using Inbox Repair Tool, you can easily repair your corrupt PST file (Scanpst.exe). However, what if the scanpst tool fails to repair the pst file?
This inbox repair tool has been found to fail in many situations when it comes to repairing corrupt PST files. The question now is why Scanpst.exe is unable to repair the PST file.
Why Doesn’t Scanpst.exe Repair PST Files?
The inbuilt Inbox repair tool fails to repair PST files in the following situations.
- Repairing PST files larger than 2 GB is not possible.
- Critical Outlook error messages such as “Unknown error “80040801” cannot be resolved.
- It can only fix minor issues in PST files, such as header corruption.
- Repairing a severely corrupted Outlook file was unsuccessful.
- Repairing a corrupt PST file takes a long time.
- After scanning the PST file, it is unable to detect the corruption issue.
- Outlook data was lost and could not be recovered (both accidental or intentional).
When Scanpst Doesn’t Work, What Happens?
If your scanpst fails to repair your PST file, you may encounter the following issues:
- The file xxxx.pst is not recognized by the built-in Inbox Repair Tool.
- This file could not be accessed due to an unexpected error.
- ScanDisk (the Inbox Repair tool) hangs and fails to repair.
- The ScanDisk (Inbox Repair tool)-repaired PST file is empty or missing the required items.
- The Inbox Repair Tool fails due to internal system errors, and you will receive the following error message: “Internal errors were found in this file.” They must be repaired in order for this file to function properly.”
- When you open a 2 GB PST file in Outlook 2002 or earlier versions, you’ll get an error message that says, “Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use.”
- You are unable to access your PST file.
- Unknown error 0x8004018 can be found.
- In your PST, you have a client error of 0x80040600.
- I’m unable to open a PST file.
- The file path could not be found.
- “An error has occurred, and the scan has been terminated.” The scanned file has not been altered in any way.”
- These are some of the most common error messages that occur when scanpst attempts to fix an Outlook PST file but fails.
When Scanpst isn’t working, How do you Fix an Outlook PST File?
Though the built-in utility tool (scanpst.exe) in Outlook is a great tool for repairing minor PST file issues. However, this built-in utility tool will not repair Outlook data files that are severely corrupted or damaged.
If the inbuilt repair tool fails to repair the pst file, you should use a third-party repair tool such as Outlook PST File Repair Tool.
The reason for recommending this tool is that it is extremely effective at resolving any pst file-related issues. Overall, when scanpst fails, Outlook Pst Repair Tool is the best alternative option for repairing pst files.
This software is capable of resolving any corruption issue that may have arisen in your PST file. Outlook PST File Repair Tool makes it simple to repair and restore corrupted, damaged, or inaccessible PST files. It is very simple to operate and does not necessitate any technical knowledge on the part of the user.
The following are the steps to using the Outlook Repair Tool:
- Download the Outlook PST repair tool, install it, and run it. Then, under ‘select outlook file,’ select the PST file where you want to work or search for a specific PST file.
- Once you’ve selected the PST file, press “start” to begin scanning.
- All recovered mailbox folders and other data appear on the left side of the window after scanning is completed.
- You can choose the files you want from there.
- After selecting the items you want, press “save recovered file” to save the files to your computer.
- After your files have been saved, a dialogue box appears, confirming that they have been saved and displaying the “recovered file size” and “destination path.”
I hope that after reading this post, you have a satisfactory answer to your question about how to repair a pst file when scanpst.exe fails. Users should try third-party solutions to repair PST files without any risk.
If you want to try a manual solution to repair an Outlook pst file, read this article first.