Dot Net is one of the most popular software development platforms/frameworks that are available in the market. The framework comes with lots of fabulous developer tools and libraries that make the process of developing an app very easy. In simple terms, it is a fantastic software development platform. Keeping this in mind, today we are going to share with you everything that you need to know about this spectacular platform.
What Is Dot Net Framework Architecture?
It is a programming model for the Dot Net platform that provides a development/execution environment to developers for developing/running Windows and desktop apps. It mainly contains class libraries, languages, and CLR. To learn more about Dot Net architecture enroll yourself in the Dot Net Online Training program.
What Are Its Main Components?
Following are the main components of Dot Net architecture:
- Common Language Runtime
It is a platform that allows you to execute your programs. Following are some of the most important features of CLI:
- Exception Handling: It is the process of handling exceptions that might occur while executing programs.
- Garbage collection: It is the process of eliminating/removing unnecessary resources from the programs.
- Memory management: It is the process of controlling, managing, and allocating the memory of a computer for executing programs.
- Code access security: It is a security mechanism that implements security policies in the Dot Net framework.
- Class Library
A class library is a large collection of prewritten coded templates. These templates allow developers to add methods and functions in their programs for enhancing their functionality. For example, there is a class library that contains methods that allow a program to perform read and write functions on a text file.
Using the Dot Net framework, you can develop various types of applications:
- WinForms: Using it you can easily develop forms-based applications like Notepad.
- Net: It is used for creating web apps.
- Net: Using this technology you can develop an application that can communicate with databases like Oracle.
What Are the Benefits of Using Dot Net?
Following are the benefits of using Dot Net:
- Backward Support: The biggest advantage of using Dot Net is that it supports backward compatibility. What does this mean? It means that the apps that you develop using this framework can run on the old versions of the framework too without any problem.
- Supports various languages: Another big advantage of using Dot Net is that it supports various programming languages. The frameworks support various languages like C#, F#, C++, Visual Basic, etc.
- Open Source: Another benefit of using Dot Net is that you don’t have to purchase a license to use it. This is another big reason behind the increasing popularity of Dot Net among developers all over the world. Additionally, it also helps an organization in reducing the development cost of their applications.
- Compatibility: The framework is compatible with various platforms like Linux, Apache, Windows, macOS, etc. What does this mean? It means that you can use the framework on any of these operating systems without any difficulty or problem.
- Dependable: Another big reason behind the increasing popularity of this phenomenal fretwork is that it is very secure and highly dependable. By using this framework, you can develop highly safe and dependable apps in a short amount of time. Thus, if you want to develop a safe and dependable app for your organization then you must use Dot Net framework for developing it. To learn more about the security features of this fantastic framework feel free to join the Dot Net Training in Noida.
Dot Net is a very reliable and secure software development platform that allows developers to develop highly dependable, safe, and reliable apps very easily and quickly. So, if you want to develop an app/software that is highly safe and dependable then you must use this magnificent and reliable software development platform for developing your app.