Learn how to backup Office 365 Outlook emails using the methods explained in this article.
There are users who are technically inclined and have a lot of knowledge about the technical world. A lot of them are also curious to learn the import, export, or backup procedures as well.
Today, we will be explaining the backup procedure for such users and helping them with a solution that is beyond any complication.
We all know that Microsoft 365 is used by millions of users globally to exchange emails and share various documents with potential clients or partners.
Also, the reason why users ask how do I backup office 365 emails. It is highly crucial to keep this data safe from all kinds of external threats.
These threats include the following:
- Unknowingly deleting data from the mailbox.
- Anonymous hackers delete files from a user’s account by hacking & getting into their account.
- Virus attacks corrupt the mailbox and emails become inaccessible.
- Malware attacks like ransomware encrypt messages and users are not able to open them.
The major reasons for creating a backup are the ones listed above.
Find out how you can take a backup as given below.
How to Backup Office 365 Outlook Emails Explained in 2 Ways
The two methods that you can use are manual and professional.
The manual method can be performed either by using Outlook’s Import/Export feature or by using the e-Discovery Content Search Tool.
The professional method is the Office 365 Backup Tool which is highly capable of exporting data from your mailbox as per your requirement.
Filtering data files, exporting in bulk, or in batch mode, whichever you want is possible using this software.
All the procedures are explained one by one. Let’s find out about them.
How Do I Backup Office 365 Emails Via Outlook’s Import/Export Feature?
The first method that you can execute is by configuring your Microsoft 365 account with the Outlook application and waiting for the data to get synced.
Once the data has been synchronized, follow the given steps:
- Open your MS Outlook application and navigate to the File
- Click on the Open & Export menu and choose the Import & Export option from the list.
- After that, select the Export to a file option and click on the Next button to move further.
- To learn how to backup Office 365 Outlook emails further, choose the Outlook data file (.pst) option and hit the Next
- Then, choose the Browse button to select the destination for the end results and deal with the duplicates as required.
- Lastly, press the Finish button to complete the procedure.
This procedure will export data from only one user account at a time and there is no guarantee how much time it will take to complete the task.
Backup Data Using the e-Discovery Content Search Tool
How do I backup Office 365 emails can be solved using the eDiscovery tool provided by Microsoft?
Implement the listed steps:
- Log in to your Office 365 account and go to the Admin Center.
- Choose Security & Compliance center & select Permissions. Click on eDiscovery Manager.
- Assign the important roles and click on Search & Investigation. Start a New Content Search & hit Next.
- Apply filters for selective data export and hit the Search Press Start Export.
- Select the Download Export Results option by entering the export key.
How to Backup Office 365 Outlook Emails More Perfectly?
The software will help you to export your data in bulk by providing the following features:
- You can selectively export data using the Date-filter as per a certain time period
- Easy to download files from all the categories like Emails, Contacts, Calendars, & Documents
- The tool can export data files from Shared Mailboxes as well in a single shot
- Option for batch export is also provided by the tool via Concurrent Backup
- It is possible to download the data at the desired location in Outlook
How Do I Backup Office 365 Emails With the Help of the Tool?
- Download the software and go to the Setup Choose the Source as Office 365 and Destination as Outlook.
- Go to the Workload Selection section and mark the categories that you want to export data from. Set the Date-filter for each category.
- Enter the details for Office 365 admin account and click on the Validate button to assign the permissions. Hit Next.
- Fill in the Destination & Size details for Outlook and Validate the permissions to move further. Tap on Next.
- The procedure for how to backup Office 365 Outlook emails requires you to add the user ids to the software by choosing one of the options; Fetch Users or Import Users.
- If you want, you can set the priorities for early backup of specific mailboxes and hit the Start Backup
When the procedure is completed, use the Delta Backup option to export data from the mailbox that has arrived recently after the first procedure.
Hence, only the new data will be migrated and the risk of duplicity will be eliminated.
Heading to the End
It is a must to know how to backup Office 365 Outlook emails so that you always have a backup created on your local storage & keep the data safe.
Since, there are a lot of important messages, contacts, etc. there is always a dire need to keep this data safe from all the threats. You can use any of the methods for backup but the manual methods require technical expertise and a lot of time. Rest depends upon the level of technical knowledge you have.